Join Us on Facebook!
****UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: CATS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO MEET BY APPOINTMENT ONLY AT PETSMART IN HAPPY VALLEY LOCATED @ 9450 SE 82nd AVE, PORTLAND OREGON 97086 ****
PDF version of our application is located HERE. For Microsoft Word click HERE. Complete an application if interested and email to [email protected] Your application will be reviewed and we may contact you for more information. Please keep in mind that we may have multiple applications for the cat you're interested in. We will screen all applications to find the perfect home and will be in touch if you are selected.
Please make sure to specify the name and CMCR ID number related to the cat you are inquiring about in the subject line of your e-mail. The cats listed as "coming soon" have not been spayed/neutered yet or they require more socialization. We update their statuses as soon as they are ready so check back often!
We require young cats/kittens to be adopted in pairs unless you already have a cat or kitten in the home. Some cats are loners and we take this into consideration when appropriate.
All of our cats and kittens are neutered and spayed, vaccinated for FVRCP and rabies, flea treated, wormed, and micro-chipped before adoption unless noted.
Cat’s Meow Cat Rescue does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by law.
We have now launched a Foster To Adopt (FTA) program!
HERE’S HOW OUR FOSTER TO ADOPT PROGRAM WORKS
1. You select one of our cats listed as “COMING SOON - MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR FTA”.
2. You’ll communicate with the Foster Manager about FTA. She will bring you up to speed on any medical history and share details about the cats personality, what they like and don’t like, habits, etc. Send your e-mail inquiry to us: [email protected]
3. You’ll be given an agreed upon period of time to “foster” your new feline, bringing them into your home and allowing them a chance to bond with yourself and any other pets or family members you may have. The amount of time you’re given to FTA varies based on how soon the cat can be scheduled for spay/neuter services. Consider this your “trial run”, a chance to see whether the cat you’ve chosen is a perfect fit for your household.
4. You will sign a FTA agreement and pay the fee as listed. Cat’s Meow Cat Rescue will provide food to get you started and you will provide all other supplies like litter box, litter, scratching post, bed, toys, etc.
5. Cat’s Meow Cat Rescue will cover the bill for any and all medical expenses that occur while the cat is under your foster care, you just need to provide transportation to Cat’s Meow Cat Rescue’s veterinarian if they are sick. This includes spay/neuter services when available.
6. At the end of your FTA trial, you choose whether or not you want to adopt your new friend! If you choose to adopt, your kitty will receive spay/neuter service and an adoption agreement will be completed. If for some reason your FTA wasn’t a match made in heaven, your cat/kitten will be placed back into the Cat’s Meow Cat Rescue’s foster program and continue their search for a forever home and you will be refunded 100% of your fee.
7. Cat’s Meow Cat Rescue will not adopt any cat that has not been spayed or neutered.
WHAT MAKES A CAT OR KITTEN ELIGIBLE FOR THE FOSTER TO ADOPT PROGRAM?
There are lots of reasons why we might put a cat, or even in some cases a kitten, into our FTA program. Either these cats have not received spay/neuter services or sometimes these felines are incredibly sweet at their foster homes but have a hard time handling all the sights, sounds, and smells at PetSmart. Not every cat responds well to being in a cage, and can you blame them? The sad reality is that people at the store are looking for cats that are super playful and super cuddly and want to be held, and while these FTA cats may fit those descriptions in real life they get too terrified at PetSmart to let their true personalities shine, and potential adopters never see how special they really are.
Despite how much we try to reassure people, it’s hard to commit to taking home a cat based on a personality that someone says they have, but that you haven’t witnessed firsthand. With our FTA program, potential adopters are given the opportunity to interact and bond with these cats in a more natural setting and over a longer period of time, which allows you to see their true personalities and better determine whether they’re a good fit for your household.
We are so grateful to the community for all their support! Without you, we could not work towards our mission of lessening the populations of cats in our community and creating opportunities for some lucky people to meet even luckier cats. Thank you for your support – it truly does take a village! And – it is all about the cats!